Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's my first SoonerCon...Be Gentle With Me, Ok?

Hah! Did you see what I did, there? A pun in the title, and I'm not even talking about the convention yet! Boom!

Okay, so, yeah.

This weekend I'll be at SoonerCon 21 along with Michael Golden, Peter S. Beagle, Eric Flint, and several hundred close personal friends, including A. Lee Martinez, Brad Denton, Caroline Specter, Ethan Nahte, Adrian Simmons, Rhonda Eudaley, and many others who I am surely forgetting at the moment.

I've never conventioned in Oklahoma, nor stayed there for more than twelve hours. Oklahoma City is, in fact, a lovely town, with lots to offer. It's definitely an oasis, surrounded by a lot of small and/or grimy towns. And I say this with some authority, for I have been to Lawton, and found it wanting.

That said, I am very excited about this convention and I'm looking forward to all of the frivolity that is sure to ensue. For those of you on the fence about whether or not to attend, or maybe you're thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder what Mark actually does at these things," well look no further. Here's my panel schedule:


Friday                      5PM       Comic Book to Movie/Book to Comic Book
 Saturday              10AM       Oh No!  It's MAINSTREAM
Saturday               12PM       Writing Realistic Humans
Saturday                 8PM       RADIO SHOW
Sunday                   9AM        Koffee Klatch Saturday
 Sunday                 12PM       Cryptozoology in Urban Myth:  Hate to Say It, We Need Bigfoot
Sunday                   1PM        Dinosaurs and Why the SF/F Community Loves Them 
Sunday                   2PM        AUTOGRAPHS

And For the record, I will have copies of RoadTrip and Dreams in the Fire for sale. If you have a copy of SCOUTS and you want me to sign it, bring that along, too. Heck, bring everything. I'll sign it however you like. You want a Frazetta autograph? No problem. Bob Kane? You betcha. Note: autographs not guaranteed to look like original.

Hope to see you in Oklahoma City this weekend. If you're at the con, please stop by and say hello. You now know where to find me.